Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Morning!

The first complete Brown Family picture, well, since I can remember ever. Christmas morning 2010. (I don't quite know when Carter managed to get his Spiderman costume on!)
Upon waking up, they saw Santa's crumbs left and immediately asked if they could finish his leftovers.
The stockings downstairs, were the first things explored. If you ask Carter what he got for Christmas, today, he would more than likely answer Spider man and Cars band aids. Oh, the things that stand out to a 4 year old!!!! ;)
Then it was upstairs to see what Santa left.
I simply LOVE their looks at first glimpse...
One of Addie's favorites has been this "diaper bag" I put together for her and Baby Marcie filled with diapers, burp clothes, bottles, extra outfits and baby food.
Santa heard Carter had been CRYING refusing to leave CostCo a month ago because he so desperately wanted a Iron man helmet. It was news to Blake and I that he even knew who Iron man was!!!!
Addie was the perfect Christmas morning child. Just what I had pictured in my head 4 years ago when I had my first Christmas as a mom. She thoughfully unwrapped each present Santa had wrapped and played with it for 5-10 minutes before we reminded her to move on to the next and see what else Santa had brought her. We told her there was one last one in the big red Santa bag...
It was the ONLY item that Addie had asked for over the last 6 weeks. Anytime ANYONE asked her what she wanted for Christmas, she ALWAYS confidently said, "A bed for my baby Marcie."
And there it was!!! She could hardly contain herself. Santa had contracted Blake and I to assist in customizing it to perfectly match her new big girl bed (down to the zebra custom mattress we contracted out to MeMe to fit perfectly inside!)
She instantly got in "Mama mod" and wanted to do nothing but feed and rock her for the rest of the day.
We were so happy to continue the tradition of my dad, "POPS" coming over early in the morning and spending ALL morning with us, helping the kids open gifts and play.
It was hands down the BEST Christmas yet for us. Blake and I found ourselves not exhausted going to bed Christmas day as we did last year. At 2 1/2 and 4 years old, the kids were at the most magical ages and experiencing it through them made the pile of gifts for me to open insignificant. It is such a good feeling not to want anything but for your kids to have the best day imaginable.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...