Sunday, December 11, 2011

Carter Celebrates Turning Five. - Basketball Syle.


On my 8th birthday party I have hosted, as a mom, I finally learned an awesome lesson... Simple and easy is great sometimes
 The favor bags included a mini basketball (or a pink ball for the girls,) a basketball that turned into a full sized wash cloth in water and a basketball lollipop.
 Carter's party happened to fall towards the end of the kitchen remodel and this year his momma just didn't have the energy or creative juices flowing much. With the postponement due to the weather, I really had no good clue on how many children to expect. I decided not to sweat one bullet and trust God. He's pretty good cuz, I made 20 favor bags and had one left over for the birthday boy himself.
The on-time arriving party-goers got to watch me finish icing the cupcakes there on the spot.
 I didn't worry about taking pictures, I allowed the kids to come to me instead of going to them on the play stations, bounce houses and trampolines.

 Carter playing some defense on Marshall.
 Look at this daddy defense...
 The Papa Johns pizza and fresh fruit tasted really good this cold evening to all... 
 Carter's best bud - Cash.
 Over hearing some of the 4-7 year old conversations at this table was quite the entertainment.
 Then it was Happy Birthday time.
 Love this shot...
 Love watching Addie in this shot...
 I can't believe my first born baby is five. (well almost, in one week)
It seems just like yesterday you were turning one...
then two...
 and three...
and four, seems like just hours ago...
For four years, we have been lucky with the weather the very first weekend of December. This year, not so much, and we re-scheduled the party from the cold and very wet last Sunday to just the cold and very muddy today. But hey, what can you do? YES... I can officially say I have learned my December outdoor birthday party lesson. ;)

But it was great and the kids couldn't tell it was 50 degrees outside, it was just us adults complaining!

1 comment:

The Dieckmans said...

What...you didn't get a pic of Avery hacking all over the food?...HA! Fun party!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...