Monday, November 7, 2011

Week #15/16 - A Week From Yesterday....

...I will be a MARATHONER!!!!

Scheduled Running: 3 miles, 5 miles, 3 miles & 8 miles = 19 miles
Actual Running: 3.01 miles, 4.53 miles, 8.5 miles, 4.5 miles = 20.54 miles

I would say I am over the top excited but I was talking to two different friends today and they asked, "Are you excited about this weekend?" Both times, I inquisitively answered with, "Uhhmmm... I don't know, what did I forget about?" Life has been busy as ever and with this whole tapering thing, I am kinda forgetting that I am about to accomplish the biggest physical feat of my life in about 110 hours from now - give or take.

This week, I got to run HILLS along Dominion Drive for my longest run. I haven't done much hill training and I will say that getting to look at $5-10 million + houses was the way to accomplish hills. I couldn't tell if it was sweat or drool. Looking at all the details kept my mind off the run. Too bad the last half of the marathon in deep south side won't have that type of view.

I look forward to making time this week to go and drive the course and see exactly what I will be looking at for over 4 1/2 hours.

Since, I know I probably won't ever be as immersed in running as I am at this moment in life, I decided to take several of my doctor's and friend's recommendation and read Born To Run.

I am about half way through and it couldn't be a better book to put me to sleep each night. In fact, I woke up at 5:15 AM this morning due to Day Light Savings and instead of going out for a run, I read for over an hour.... kinda defeats the purpose some when a running book is that good. ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...