Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Marathon Monday - Wk #14/16

Scheduled Running: 5 miles, 8 miles, 5 miles, 9 miles = 27 miles
Acutual Running= 4 miles (speed work), 4 miles (speed work), 9 miles, 8.3 miles = 25.3 miles

First of all... how ridiculous can one person look? 5:30AM for last 18 mile run... knees taped and calf sleeves and all...
I was in Ft. Lauderdale for work all of last week and my roomate and some other collegues are runners. I should say, shorter distance and therefore, MUCH FASTER runners. WOW! They even talked me into doing the second run with them at 4:30PM in the Florida heat and humidity. I was sucking wind with their 8:30 pace, more than 90 seconds faster than what I am used to. But it was fun and I figure a little speed work can't hurt me at this point. It was the big international boat show week so I got to look at amazing 10 million dollar yachts while running.
Then I left the heat and came home Friday and Sunday morning to run in 40's with a brisk north wind on Friday. I can't complain, as the weather over the last 4 months has been really good, mainly because I'm running way before sunrise.
When I openned my book on Sunday to see what my running plan was for this next week, I was shocked.....

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Girl, you may look ridiculous but you are also looking skinny! Gotta love what those double digits will do to a waistline :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...