Friday, March 23, 2012

7 Year Anniversary

Just last week Blake and celebrated 7 years as man and wife. We started out the busy Monday with taking a little time over breakfast to watch back our video from the day. This was the first year the kids were REALLY into it. All four of us were glued to the TV rejoicing in the festivities. Addie did ask a few times, "Where am I... why aren't I in the videos?" I told her it was a very good thing she wasn't there!
A flash back to early 2005....






 All back together at the end of the day, we had a romantic picnic dinner in our front yard.
I know you are drooling with envy... but I wouldn't want it any other way!

Looking back over the last 7 years together, I would want Addie and Carter to know how much I LOVE and truly RESPECT their father. My feelings for him have grown stronger each and every year, especially in this last year. I want them to know that marriage is hard work at times, especially with super young kids around. A year ago, I don't think Blake and I would have felt that we were at a really great spot but on the other side of those less than ideal moments, we both see how hard work and putting energy into things that are not second nature to us, truly can greatly improve a stressed relationship, and therefore ultimately, make you even stronger.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Love this! Sweet family you have. :)

Lisa Johnson said...

Happy Anniversary! What a sweet way to celebrate!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...