Sunday, May 13, 2012

My 6th Mother's Day - 2012

on this day celebrating my 6th year of being a "momma,"
toes seemed to be the common topic.
boy's toes lounging when i returned from my 8 mile run.
hot pink girl's toes glistening under water while swimming at the pool.
the husband's toes busy at both heb and costco,
relieving the ever growing "to-do" list.
that was the best gift on this beautiful Sunday.
my five year picked out his very own gift for me this year.
one that he was SO proud of and couldn't even take his eyes off of for a picture.
as i briefly reflect on this past year of being a mother,
i'm thankful for the passion that has continued to swell inside me to raise confident, well-adjusted children that are provided every opportunity,
however most importantly, are grateful for what they have now....
i have found this, in itself, is a full time job.

so, here's to the peaks and the valleys (as well as the additional gray hairs) that the next
365 days provide
AS A MOMMY!

1 comment:

Tidbits and Snippets said...

Beautiful words, Megan. Love the pics and the earrings are GORGEOUS...Carter's future girlfriends will quite pleased with his taste :) I'm also digging your shoes! Love you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...