Wednesday, September 28, 2011

New Friends

I was honored to be able to go on Carter's first ever field trip and I can't tell you what an amazing and eye opening experience it was for me. I am beyond gratful for the opportunity to see what joy children are, all over this big city, and not just in my little bubble. There were a couple of times that I got nearly choked up with emotion watching these thirty four years interact with one another. I look forward to spending many more visits with these sweet children over the next nine months. It was one of the best things I have ever participated in.
The field trip to visit their sister school was for the kids to get to interact with new children, who maybe be different from them. It's goal is to introduce them to as many new people as possible so that they grow up knowledgable, confident and open to getting to know people they may meet. Our group of seventeen kiddos were pretty shy when we walked into their room. The teachers, used the books they had made to help introduce each and every person so we could begin to get to know one another. This little boy stole my heart when we jumped up to go shake Ms. Erika's hand after she had introduced him.
The kids absolutely LOVED getting to ride in the super nice bus across town.
Each child got to choose another one from the opposite school to play with. I loved how Carter's girl didn't want to let go of him.
There were so many amazing memories made.
Their class room was filled with all kinds of amazing hands on things to explore. They even had a live turtle we watched swim forever.
These three gals made the whole trip for me. They were a breath of fresh air. For some reason, the three of them, were instantly attached to me at the hip. I had a blast letting them show me around their room. I could have spent all day just laughing and playing with them.
Time to go outside!
These kids were amazing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...