Monday, September 12, 2011

Marathon Monday (Wk #7/16) Taking it 7 days at a time!

Scheduled Running: 4 miles, 5 miles, 4 miles, 12 miles = 25 miles
Actual Running: 5 miles (treadmill), 4 miles (treadmill with 20 minutes of stretching afterwards), 4.1 miles, 12 miles = 25.1 miles

This is the point, I will always remember as finally thinking this is major. I see now why statics show that only 0.13 % of Americans run a marathon. This is a commitment. Up until this point, it has been fun and exciting but, just now in the last week or two, although, I am motivated and doing well running-wise, I'm realizing this is HUGE.

So with that, I am committed to only focusing and thinking about what the next seven days hold for me. It's too overwhelming to look and think ahead of that.

My long twelve miler yesterday was my best run yet. So that is encouraging as we are entering the half way point this week. ;)

***hubby update: he ran 13 this weekend... I think primarily just to one up me! ;)***

1 comment:

Jessica Tondre said...

Awesome way to look at things! Just like during the marathon, take it one mile at a time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...