Saturday, September 24, 2011

Marathon Comedy

Running has become one of the biggest focuses of my life here in the last few weeks. I feel like I am talking about it and finding other fellow marathoners every where I am.

In fact, tonight, I clicked on a blog I have followed for a couple of years but in the craziness of life haven't had time to keep up with and about fell over in my chair laughing so hard when I read her take on the recent marathon she has signed up for. Heather's marathon is the week before mine, so I am looking forward to following her comedic take on it!

Heather from Dooce says:

"Running a marathon has been on my bucket list for many years, but I've always regarded it as some sort of insurmountable task. Herculean. People say that it should be a piece of cake since I had a natural childbirth and um, NO. That lasted only three and half hours and it was INTERVAL TRAINING. This is four to five hours of endurance, and at the end of it you get really chaffed nipples without the cuddly baby!"

I just found this and showed it to Blake, we both were laughing... probably not as funny if you haven't trained for a Marathon before but ironic that I LOVE ROB THOMAS and know I will be singing his songs out loud during the Marathon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...