Monday, August 22, 2011

Marathon Monday - First Race & New Music (Wk. # 4/16)

Scheduled Running: 3 miles, 5 miles, 3 miles, 8 miles = 19 miles

Actual Running: BODYPUMP (lighter weights), 5.2 miles (treadmill- 50 min), Kickboxing=3 miles, 6.2 miles (first 10K race=61 minutes), 8 miles (at lake) = 22.4 miles + BODYPUMP

This has been a great week! With Blake out of town ALL week, I was limited on my early morning outside runs, but I made it work.

I couldn't have asked for a better experience for my first EVER race and am so thankful to Jessica for making it perfect. She waited until we were on the way to the race, the morning of, to tell me it was a pretty challenging race with lots of hills which ended up to be good timing because I was on such a pre-race high that didn't seem to care and there was no computer available to look up the race route. During the race, she prepped me for upcoming hills and made sure we slowed down a little on mile two when we were pacing an 8:40 mile to ensure a strong finish. She taught me about breathing, what a "split" was and how to mentally think during the marathon when you are at mile 22 and hitting a wall... and she did this all during our 10K race! WOW. Thanks Jessica for all your help.

First 10K Race Results:
30-34 Female

Place Name                Bib 1st Half  2nd Half   Gun       Total Tag     Pace  Overall All Place  Place by Sex
5       Megan Brown  22   30.13      30.27          1:01:08  1:00:41.03      9:46  143/256                  44/124
Other exciting running news, I finally sat down and learned how to download new music for my ipod... I known I am so old. One of my absolute favorites is Maroon 5's Moves Like Jagger and any remix of Katy Perry or Black Eyed Peas! Thank your to my dear friend Alli for calling and texting me running music ideas over the last two weeks to help get my running music selection updated. I can't tell you how motivating it is to run when you are so excited about the music you will get to listen to for eighty minutes!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...