Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 3: White Water Rafting

When I say, we litterally didn't have one activity planned when we stepped off our plane in Denver, I am not even kidding. The only research I did was checking the weather a few days before we left and it proved to be 95% incorrect!
One of my foundest family vacation memories I had was around nine or ten when my mom took me to Big Bend and we went white water rafting on the Rio Grande. Since the whole Mexican Mafia had proven that an unsafe option, I was dreaming of the day in five or six years when I could make those same memories with my babies. Well, who is the world would have guessed that there is a part of the Upper Colorado near Kremling that is gentle enough to only require a thirty pound weight minimum. I couldn't belive it!
 We are officially geared up and ready to go.
 We boarded the bus for the gorgeous twenty minute ride to the put in spot.

 Getting ready to board the raft...
 Our whole group.
 We are on our way! The water was flowing super fast, so a normal 2 1/2 hour trip was only 90 minutes at most.
 Addie was in love and loved the rapids and sitting in the very front taking it all in. Remember her very favorite ride at Disney?!?!? This was the real thing!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...